- MODEL CASE
- Oyster, 39 mm, Oystersteel
- OYSTER ARCHITECTURE
- Monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- 39 mm
- WINDING CROWN
- Screw-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- Scratch-resistant sapphire
- WATER RESISTANCE
- Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- Perpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- 3132, Manufacture Rolex
- PRECISION STATIC
- -2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- Bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- POWER RESERVE
- Approximately 48 hours
- Oyster, flat three-piece links
- BRACELET MATERIAL
- Folding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Highly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
The dial is the distinctive face of a Rolex watch, the feature most responsible for its identity and readability. The latest Explorer model’s characteristic 3, 6 and 9 numerals are now filled with a luminescent material emitting a long-lasting blue glow, like the hour markers and hands.
The Oyster Perpetual Explorer imparts a fresh elan to the sober, clean lines that have long established it as an icon. The smooth bezel in Oystersteel is robust yet elegant, and in perfect harmony with the Explorer’s iconic heritage.
Rolex uses Oystersteel for its steel watch cases. Specially developed by the brand, Oystersteel belongs to the 904L steel family, alloys most commonly used in high-technology and in the aerospace and chemical industries, where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Oystersteel is extremely resistant, offers an exceptional finish once polished and maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers
The Time Place is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.